Queering Wesley, Queering the Church is a book written by Keegan Osisnki. Quite a title right!?! If you haven’t seen the cover, click the link below to catch a glimpse. However, before you literally judge a book (or it’s author) by it’s cover, take a second to hear a little about Keegan. She shares a little about her life, her convictions and why she took on a project like this that is giving the Wesleyan Holiness Church world quite a lot to think about!
Also, Keegan is a librarian and wanted to be sure that everyone had resources for getting started with thinking about Christianity and LGBTQ+ issues. Here are her suggested reading materials:
- Cheng, Patrick S. Radical Love: An Introduction to Queer Theology. 1 edition. Seabury Books, 2011.
- DeFranza, Megan K. Sex Difference in Christian Theology: Male, Female, and Intersex in the Image of God. Eerdmans, 2015.
- Fausto-Sterling, Anne. Sex/Gender: Biology in a Social World. 1 edition. New York: Routledge, 2012.
- Gushee, David P. Changing Our Mind: Definitive 3rd Edition of the Landmark Call for Inclusion of LGBTQ Christians with Response to Critics. 3 edition. Read the Spirit Books, 2017.
- Lee, Justin. Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate. Jericho Books, 2012.
- McCleneghan, Bromleigh. Good Christian Sex: Why Chastity Isn’t the Only Option-And Other Things the Bible Says About Sex. San Francisco: HarperOne, 2016.
- Soughers, Tara K. Beyond a Binary God: A Theology for Trans* Allies. Church Publishing, 2018.
- Vines, Matthew. God and the Gay Christian: The Biblical Case in Support of Same-Sex Relationships. Convergent Books, 2014.
This episode is sponsored by
· Anchor: The easiest way to make a podcast. https://anchor.fm/app
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/josiah-jones/message
Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/josiah-jones/support